George Nassar is a Partner at Public Opinion Strategies, a national political and public affairs research firm. Described by The New York Times as “the leading Republican polling company” in the country, Public Opinion Strategies’ political clients include 11 U.S. Senators, more than 50 members of Congress, seven Governors, and numerous State Legislators and local elected officials across the country.
In the 2020 cycle, George played a central role in the California Comeback and polled for numerous other candidates and Republican efforts across the country, including polling on behalf of:
- Congresswoman-Elect Young Kim (CA-39) and Congressional Leadership Fund’s IE effort in support of Congresswoman-Elect Michelle Steel (CA-48), unseating two incumbent Democrats in California for the first time since 1994.
- The National Republican Congressional Committee’s (NRCC) IE effort for Congressman Mike Garcia (CA-25), flipping a Democratic open seat to Republican for the first time in California since 1998 and then successfully defend his seat in the General Election.
- Congressman-elect Darrell Issa, defending the competitive CA-50 open seat.
- The California Republican Party, helping to add seats to the Assembly in a Presidential cycle for the first time since 1984 and re-elect State Senator Scott Wilk in a Biden-Clinton district.
- Congressman-Elect Bob Good, defending the competitive VA-05 open seat
- Successful IE efforts in North Carolina, Arkansas, Washington and Wisconsin.
In the 2018 cycle, George was a pollster on top U.S. Senate, House and Gubernatorial races for both incumbents and challenger candidates. George served as a pollster on:
- The successful re‐election of Arizona Governor Doug Ducey.
- The successful NRCC IE effort in the GA‐06 special election, the most expensive U.S. House race in history.
- The California recall election of Senator Josh Newman, the first successful recall in nearly two decades.
- The California State Senate and Assembly Republican caucuses. George’s work helped California Republican incumbents obtain one of the highest retention rates of any state for Republicans in districts won by Hillary Clinton.
- The NRCC’s IE polling team.
Prior to joining Public Opinion Strategies, George worked at the NRCC where he served as a Regional Political Director in the 2014 and 2016 cycles. At the NRCC, George led a team of operatives advising incumbent and challenger campaigns across 18 states in the Southeast and in the West.
In the 2016 cycle, George successfully advised all California Republican U.S. House Members to re-election. He was also the chief NRCC advisor to Northern Virginia Congresswoman Barbara Comstock, who won the most expensive U.S. House race in the country.
As the Regional Political Director for the Southeast, George was responsible for overseeing Congressional races in 11 states, including Arkansas, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia. He served as the chief NRCC advisor on two successful Special Election campaigns in South Carolina and Florida.
George also was campaign manager for both a statewide race in Mississippi and a top targeted race in Virginia. He is a RIVA‐trained focus group moderator. George is a native of Memphis, Tennessee and a graduate of the University of Mississippi. He lives in Alexandria, Virginia with his wife Megan.