Robert Blizzard is a Partner at Public Opinion Strategies, a national political and public affairs research firm described by The New York Times as “the leading Republican polling company.”
As one of the top Republican pollsters in the country, Blizzard has been described as a “blue-chip” name in Washington by Politico, has been recognized as one of the country’s top 40 under 40 brightest young political professionals, and was named a “Rising Star” in American politics by Campaigns & Elections Magazine.
This past cycle, Blizzard polled for:
- Congressman Andy Barr (KY-6), who came back from a double-digit deficit to successfully defend his seat against the national media’s favorite congressional candidate Amy McGrath;
- New Member of Congress Troy Balderson (OH-12), who won three razor thin races in 2018, including a multi-candidate GOP primary special, and then both the August general special and November general despite being significantly outspent;
- New Member of Congress Steve Watkins (KS-2), who won a hard-fought race despite running uphill in a very tough year for Kansas Republicans;
- Returning Congressmen Chuck Fleischmann (TN-3), Brett Guthrie (KY-2), Roger Marshall (KS-1), John Moolenaar (MI-4) and Fred Upton (MI-6);
- Super PAC efforts in Republican U.S. Senate wins for Marsha Blackburn (TN) and key U.S House victories across the country;
- Republican state legislative caucuses including the Alabama House, the Kentucky Senate and Kentucky House, and the Ohio Senate and Ohio House which all held strong majorities. And, in Michigan, Blizzard helped both the House and Senate hold onto their majorities despite a challenging year at the top-of-the-ticket for Michigan Republicans.
Blizzard’s political experience includes polling for two presidential campaigns, major statewide races across the country, major party committees and Super PACs, and for dozens of Republicans in the U.S. House. And, in the last four election cycles, Blizzard has polled for GOP state legislative caucuses in Alabama, Connecticut, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan and New York.
In addition to his political polling expertise, Blizzard regularly conducts corporate image, messaging, and crisis management research for numerous national associations, public affairs groups, and Fortune 500 companies. And, Blizzard has conducted extensive qualitative research on a variety of topics and issues around the country – from politics to public policy – moderating hundreds of focus groups and ad-testing groups over the years.
A graduate of Clemson University, Blizzard lives in Arlington, Virginia with his wife and their two young sons.